Friday, May 7, 2010
Posted by Elena on Friday, May 07, 2010
You don't have to go out and buy a front-loading washer and dryer in order to save energy and money. Check out these tips:
1) Use cold water whenever you can- this can save up to 90% of the energy costs of washing.
2) Clean the dryer's lint filter after each load- this will improve the air circulation for maximum heat which also reduces energy useage.
3) Line dry (indoors) or use a clothes line(outdoors)- not only will you conserve energy, but you'll also increase the lifespan of your clothing.
4) Wash/dry several loads of laundry back-to-back so that you can maximize the useage of the residual heat of the dryer.
5) Always wash and dry full loads of laundry; if you need to wash an incomplete load, be sure to change (lower) the water setting.