Savvy Rest's Organic Contour Pillow: Allergy Sufferers Pay Attention!







Do you suffer from seasonal allergies, also known as "hay fever"? I, along with my entire family, suffer from "seasonal" allergies. I say, "seasonal," because it seems like we have allergy symptoms nearly year-round these days, what with increasing ozone alerts and air pollution. Needless to say, I was very excited when asked to test a Savvy Rest organic pillow.

Now, normally, I am a stomach-sleeper (yes, I know it's supposedly causes wrinkles, but I don't care. I'm most comfortable this way). Alas, when you're pregnant, especially after the first trimester, you have to become a side-sleeper (preferably the left side), which lead me to choose the pillow best suited for side-sleepers, a contour pillow (pictured above). I dreamily envisioned sleeping on a hypo-allergenic cloud, which would allow me to get more and better quality pillow time (pun intended).  My expectation were just a tad bit unrealistic (hormonally induced, I believe), because the pillow that I tested was just that- a pillow.  It was not the panacea to all of the sleep issues that I've experienced lately due to pregnancy.

Here's a summary of what I think of the contour pillow that I tested: it could stand to be a tad bit fluffier (maybe I should try sleeping on two of them).  However, on a positive note, I have experienced noticeably less sneezing, coughing and stuffiness, since using this organic pillow.  I attribute my diminished allergy symptoms to the organic pillow (since it's the only thing I've changed).

So, if you suffer from allergies (runny nose, congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, etc.), I would recommend giving this pillow a try!



About Savvy Rest:
Savvy Rest is the nation's leading organic mattresses and bedding brand, made in Virginia and sold in a growing network of eco-themed stores across the country. Savvy Rest's product line was developed in response to consumers' increasing concerns about indoor air quality and the toxic chemicals used in most conventional mattresses. Savvy Rest Organic Mattresses are made of all-natural latex rubber, certified organic wool and certified organic cotton. The Savvy Rest bedding line includes organic mattress toppers, sheets, mattress pads, and pillows.

Elena White is the founder and editor of  Life The Green Way, corporate sustainability coordinator at her day job, and a "rurban" wife and mother.  Learn more about her here and follow her on Twitter at @Lifethegreenway.

Comments

Popular Posts